Homepage Support Tweet Wheel Stopped working last Sept 2020

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Enfiedjian 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Alex Enfiedjian
    Participant

Hi. I’m not sure why, but all of a sudden, my queue stopped sending tweets last Sept 2020. I just noticed. Pretty bummed. I just went in and upgraded to Pro account and installed the latest plugin. Still not working. Tried the troubleshooting tips (Wp Cron, etc), still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Tomasz
    Keymaster

Hey Alex!

I’m so sorry to hear about this.

That’s very strange indeed. Does WP Cron work on your website at all? I’m just wondering if there’s anything else that might have caused the issue. One other thing you could try is to go to the Queue and tweet something on-demand. That doesn’t use WP Cron but simply shoots a tweet out. If it works, then there’s something wrong with the recurring event. If it doesn’t, we are facing the authorisation issue, most likely.

There’s a huge difference between the free version and the paid version, especially in terms of the Twitter authorisation. In the premium one, you don’t need the Twitter Developer account. You can just authorise using your Twitter login. So, when you installed the newly purchased plugin, did it guide you through the authorisation wizard?

Perhaps, you could let me see inside your admin panel to check if everything is in order?

In any case, I’m here to help 🙂

I look forward to hearing from you

Alex Enfiedjian
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Yes, it tweets on demand just fine.

Yes I authorized it.

I would be happy to let you into my dashboard to look around. Please let me know how you’d like to go about this.

-alex

Tomasz
    Keymaster

Hey Alex!

Sure, happy to take a look.

I think the safest way is if you create an administrator user in your WP admin panel using my email address tomasz@tweet-wheel.com.

I will then receive a message inviting me to log in.

Many thanks!

Alex Enfiedjian
    Participant

Ok, I created an account for you. Please let me know if you don’t see the email. You will need to change the password to login. Thanks! Hope you can fix it and get it working again

Tomasz
    Keymaster

Hey Alex!

Thanks for trusting me with this.

I looked around and it looks like your WP Cron is not operational. When you head to Cron Events page, you will see the error at the top of the page:

There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron events on your site may not work. The problem was:

Unexpected HTTP response code: 429

Furthermore, if you scroll down that page, you will notice that all your WP Cron tasks are overdue. Now, there might be many reasons why Cron isn’t operational, but in my experience, it comes down to these two:

1. Your hosting provider limits its functionality.
    2. One of the plugins installed on your website causes the fault.

There are a few ways to tackle this:

1. Please contact your hosting to double-check with them if they have any restrictions in place that prevent Cron from working. If they do, you might need to replace WordPress Cron with the Server Cron.
    2. Please disable plugins one by one and see if it unclogs things.

I hope this helps you move things forward, but if you need any more input from me, do let me know.

Thanks and fingers crossed it’s an easy fix.

Tomasz

Alex Enfiedjian
    Participant

Hey Tomasz, thanks for looking.

The strange thing is, it USED to work just fine! And Godaddy says they haven’t changed anything in their hosting plan. 🙁

Also, after you logged in, an hour later, I got a notification from Stripe Payments that my webhook delivery wasn’t working.

Did you change something? Or disable it? For that notification to come to me?

Tomasz
    Keymaster

Hey Alex!

So sorry for the late response. It’s manic here 🙂

Frankly, when you opened this thread my first thought was you were hosting the site with GoDaddy. The reason being they are often accused of breaking WP Cron and recommend going down the server cron way. If you search for it in Google you will see endless results:

https://www.google.com/search?q=godaddy+wp+cron+not+working

It might be an option for you, too. It’s fairly simple to set up and you can do it in your GoDaddy’s control panel. Plus, it doesn’t rely on website traffic as opposed to WP Cron which does.

In regards to the Stripe Payments notification, I’m not sure. I checked Tweet Wheel and WP Cron tabs only to present the facts above.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Alex Enfiedjian
    Participant

Hey Tomasz. Thanks. I switched to SiteGround hosting and that fixed the problem. however, I am missing the old tweet-wheel plugin (basic?) where it just offers the tweet-templates on the blog post page. Where can I find that version of the plugin? As opposed to the pro one?

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.