Sorry, but it doesn’t let me in. It looks like you’re using some security plugin, which prevents me from logging in using the details above. Perhaps, because there’s a whitespace in the username, which is quite uncommon. The plugin might not like it.
However, while you were waiting, we’ve released a new version 2.9.2, which should fix your schedule issues.
1) Seems like you are holding too many copies of the plugin on your server, or at least, the plugin’s folder has been renamed, unfortunately. As per the error below, the plugin tries to load files from the directory called “tweet-wheel-pro-4” whereas it should simply be “tweet-wheel-pro”. If you navigate to wp-content/plugins, you will see what I mean.
2) The above also causes the following error. Plugin files either can’t be loaded because of the wrong directory name or they haven’t been uploaded to the server.
Happy to fix this for you if you let me have FTP login details. Otherwise, let me know if you need me to explain anything. To recap:
1) Go to WP admin and deactivate (don’t uninstall) all Tweet Wheel instances.
2) Use your FTP to navigate to wp-content/plugins and delete any tweet-wheel folder you have there.
3) Upload the fresh copy of the plugin and make sure the folder’s name is “tweet-wheel-pro”.
4) Go back to WP Admin and activate Tweet Wheel.
The issues you are experiencing are related to the above because you are missing several plugin’s files on your server, which results in the malfunctioning interface. As soon as you re-upload entire and completed plugin onto your server everything will get back to normal.